Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

new colour

Skirt - Zara
Top - H&M
Shoes - Topshop
Belt - River Island

I found this skirt in the back of my wardrobe the other day. It’s an item I’ve had with two years but can count on one hand how many times I’ve worn it. I like the bright green though and pairing it with the stripes is the sort of Jil Sander inspiration that is playing constantly on my mind at the moment (see my last post, and really I am by no means alone in this). And the coral wedges provide just that bit more colour too.
And while 'Brights' are the ubiquitous trend for s/s, this is the first time I have really wanted to embrace that. I particularly like the idea of pairing brights with neutrals or stripes like above to prevent 'bright-induced-nausea'. Yeah...I invented that ailment, but you know what I mean...

10 comments:

Michele said...

You're AMAZING!!!!

You make me want to not wear black and navy all the time...alas, that is not something I can do...as I am french...

Kat said...

Lol @ Michele...We must go shopping together

Julia said...

I adore that skirt- it's sublime! Great tips about teaming brights with stripes, something I need to do this S/S!

Michele said...

Defo...we must search for the whimsy again...

LolaDee said...

I LOVE your new hairstyle :)

thehostesshandbook said...

amazing style as always x

Sinead Lally said...

lovely x

discotheque confusion said...

Your hair is looking really great Kat. Shorter suits you!

Zoë said...

I love these two colours together. A very clean and sharp look.

asha said...

I absolutely love this outfit. I really struggle with wearing skirts, but I haven't worn one with a breton in a casual way like this. Will try it! Thanks :)