Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

penny lane


I'm having a bit of a sixties moment.
Like many, when it comes to fashion, the sixties is my favourite decade. It's where it all began for me..obvs not in the literal since, but rather in the since that sixties' kids in their Mod suits and minis made me realize what clothes could be, and what you could be in certain clothes.
And for that reason, sixties fashion is something that I have always felt particularly loyal to.

Needless to say though, I don't do head to toe sixties on a regular basis. Like with everything, it's a mood thing more than anything. But right now, it is in full flow, a sixties stream of inspiration - The Beatles, Twiggy, leopard print, false lashes, bobs - all that cliched sixties' goodness.
I like this peter pan Topshop dress for it's somewhat kitsch take on leopard print, almost 'silly sixties', and paired with ridiculous false lashes (my first time wearing them) the kitsch element is in full (sixties') swing.


dress, bag - Topshop, shoes - penneys

8 comments:

Soooali said...

Very elegant!! I have a wee leopard number I must dust off. You look great!

Sarah said...

So pretty, gotta love the 60s x

Maria said...

Wow! this outfit suits you a lot! And your hair that way looks gorgeous, I also like the combination of the handbag and the bows.
PD: Love your back wall!

chicknamedhermia said...

You can't beat a sleek sixties look!

Fashion Stylist_ka said...

Love your look, really suits you! 60s -> one of my faves too... ohh I gotta get this dress, so cute!

lovelydisco said...

Oh you're so good!

Sarah said...

Beautiful dress - I do love the leopard. I agree with what you're saying about using the sixties as a mood, I've got a picture of Francoise Hardy to show the hairdresser the next time I get a cut but I don't think that I would want to do the whole Gallic look from head to toe!

Lola said...

That dress is gorgeous! I love your style :)