Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

further symphony in white



This is apparently Isabel Lucas. I say apparently because I had never heard of her until today when I was sneakily reading Grazia in SuperValue (oh the glamorous life I lead..). Apparently, she was once in 'Home and Away'...and let's be honest, it's probably something to be grateful for that I didn't know this as otherwise it would have meant I was fan of said show...and well, that's never something to be proud of.

But, I'm rambling. Regardless, of Lucas' seemingly Nobody 'celeb' status, this is one fine ensemble. Or at least, the sort of thing that I love.
Girl in long flowing, slightly Victorina white dress is awesome in my books, especially when teamed up with some simple, utility items - plimsolls, grey schoolboy socks, chunky knit etc.
This outfit risks being a little silly, but she pulls it off and manages to make it look, dare I say it, effortless. 

7 comments:

Becky said...

Shouldnt work but does!! x

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

That's awesome! This is an outfit that really should NOT look good, but it does on her! :)

xxx Charlie
Enter my Christmas Giveaway!

Zoƫ said...

I actually love this look. This looks like a Gunne Sax to me, which explains its charm!

Blau von T said...

oh wowers..thats my winter wedding look right there

Sarah said...

Love the look I agree its shouldn't work but it really does x

chicknamedhermia said...

Hi Kat! A campaign has been started to get the Irish Blog Awards Committee to have separate categories for Beauty and Fashion blogs this year. Can you please leave a comment on the below post to show your support? The more people we get on board, the better chance we have of a result!
Thanks!
:)
http://chicknamedhermia.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/a-little-letter-to-the-irish-blog-awards-committee/

blanaid said...

this is beautiful! I need it all in my life...