Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

this is what i'm talkin' about


You know, once and while I think it's pretty cool to look put together.

These days, it's almost something to be ashamed of that you planned your outfit in advance, or that you thought about what jacket to put on, as opposed to throwing on that scruffy oversized cardigan.

I constantly find myself in between being 'put together' or shamelessly dishevelled. I can't seem to be consistent.
My mess of a hairdo tends to ruin the former, and I lack that certain sense of cool to be thoroughly effortless.

Right now, Lara Stone, above in Vogue US (September edition 2010), embraces the put together look without an ounce of apology.
In a sense, the best of both worlds.

4 comments:

rhonabethginny said...

I have the exact same dilemma as you! Stuck between wanting to be dress prim and proper and wanting to look all roughed up...

I wonder is there a happy in between?

Michele said...

You consistently blame your hair for your inconsistency...something has to be said for that...

x

Sarah said...

I have such a problem with putting together outfits. because of limited space in the wardrobe, I hang one 'put-together' look on the hanger, which helps if I want to look put-together in a pinch - shame looking like Lara Stone isn't included...

Kat said...

@ Michele - haha it's true..my hair appears to reveal the mess of a person I really am!