Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

amsterdam

I spent the weekend in Amsterdam; needless to mention it was pretty awesome, and picked up a few things while there too. Bought the skirt and shirt below at a flea market, but am still in amazement over the circumstances in which I acquired the handbag. I found it at a sale where you take things away for free... yes, for FREE...que, shock...especially, since such leathery bags are just the kind of items being charged at extortionate prices in vintage outlets these days. So, just a smidgen thrilled. Besides, it's a bizarre adrenaline rush walking away from a stall, feeling like you've stolen goods on you!
Shopping is very good in Amsterdam. A stunning amount of vintage, but there tends to be the same sort of thing in every shop - crazy wool cardigans, tweeds, thick knits, leather clasp bags, sequined tops etc etc. The high street though, is pretty good too, and for those with a bit more cash, there's boutiques a plenty.
Delighted with the skirt. It's a tight fit, admittedly, but I have wanted a black velvet full skirt with ages now, and really, the ten euro price tag meant it was coming home, regardless of any vital organs being squeezed in the wearing process.  

This outfit is very me. Full skirts and buttoned up shirts pretty much sum up what I wear, or at least like to wear.

skirt, shirt and bag - vintage, shoes - penneys

8 comments:

Elle said...

Such an adorable outfit. I loved Amsterdam but was skint when we were there so didn't even attempt to shop too bad I wasn't aware of this free market! :)

Eva said...

Am jealous much of this outfit! i love it :) omg can't believe the bag was free! how bizaare :) when did you get the shoes? really like them x

Michele said...

are ya well...cos yer looking well!

The bag is so cool...

Skinni Peach said...

oh wow that bag is fantastic! that outfit is the cutest aswell by the way!! .x.

Grace said...

Amsterdam! I'm jealous. And your shoes are GREAT!

Love Grace.

Becky said...

Wow can't believe you got the bag for free! Amazing! x

Margaret said...

you look stunning! love your shoes ;)

Fashion Stylist_ka said...

Love the whole outfit! Amsterdam is one of the coolest places ever. I'm sooo jealous of the bag, I can't believe u got it free! I want the address for this market now! :)