Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

don't say a word


Hell, there's not much point trying to deny it any longer...Alexa, you're just a little bit of an icon now.
No need to speak, just stand there, be pretty and wear THE coolest clothes.
It's pictures like the above that make me wonder why is it that I wear so many ridiculous outfits...why don't I just try and be simple and chic for once?
Although, that leopard print hat is pretty 'rad' (as Alexa herself would say..), a little Anne Bancroft in The Graduate, a little Breakfast at Tiffany's... providing that perfect addition of humour and personality to a classic, black shift.
Magnificent, not a word I use lightly.

Alexa Chung, Elle UK, November 2010

11 comments:

Magatha-May said...

She has such a striking face.

Cara said...

But ridiculous outfits are fun.

x

Kat said...

Cara, believe me I'm all for the fun, ridiculous outfits! I suppose all I mean is sometimes a statement can be made in the most simple way...like the inclusion of the hat here..which lets be fair threads that wonderful line between 'fabulous' and ridiculous!

kellebelle said...

I love Alexa.
I think she always looks amazing.
x

BeckyDAZZLER said...

Good ol' Alexa!

Anonymous said...

I adored this issue of elle! Especially alexas photoshoot.
x

Blau von T said...

something about this says 'odd modern remake of the sound of music'...just me?

lovelydisco said...

Right? I think the same thing myself every day! I spend so long deciding what to wear and I'll end up in some overly complicated get-up, walk into work and see someone looking so chic in a simple dress and feel like smacking my head off a wall.

Alexa rocks.

Zoƫ said...

"a little Anne Bancroft in The Graduate, a little Breakfast at Tiffany's... providing that perfect addition of humour and personality to a classic, black shift."

you said it! anne bancroft all over! wish i could pull it off!

Elle said...

My obsession has been fed for the day. Gorgeous.

The Shopping Forecast said...

She is so gorgeous, always look to her for style!