Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

twist a little closer now and let me know that you're mine

I would probably class dancing badly as a hobby of mine. I mean, I like to dance...but unfortunately rhythm wouldn’t be one of my strong points. Like most people, I imagine, I really would love to be a lot more skillful in the dancing department...heck, I'm not far off the two left feet myself... And when I say properly dance, I mean like the folks of yore – boy, could those kids move! Jive, Charleston, Jitterbug and all that Jazz (had to be said there...) – who wouldn’t love to be able to dance one of those? The Twist is a particular favourite of mine, more than likely because it’s a sixties’ dance craze, but also because it looks like serious good (old – fashioned!) fun. Who’s with me?! Come on let's twist again..


This makes me unnaturally jealous - this is how I want to party from now on! (although slightly worried by the end sight..?!)

and if you need further convincing ...

8 comments:

LolaDee said...

But you got to dance with that guy from Crystal Swing, didn't you? I bet you learned a few moves then! Haha. Great post :D

Elaine Scully said...

Definately with you!! I too have always wanted to acquire some dance skills having said that a few drinks and I (think I) can dance to anything especially The Beatles. The 60's style so enviable
http://www.chiconomics.ie

Michele said...

Best Post EVER...!!! I do love a good twist myself...

Kat said...

@ LolaDee - ahahaha! I did indeed get an aul dance off dear Derek! We did the Hucklebuck!

@Elaine - oh dear me..yes, I too after a few drinks think the dancefloor is mine..

@Michele - me and you will be twisting shortly! glad you liked the post :)

Elle said...

That dress is so cool. The twist makes me want a full skirt!

My Republic of Fashion said...

I'd love to be able to dance properly like that!! Great post.SarahD:)

Blau von T said...

I went to a dance marathon in the Spiegeltent last year, was such a blast!

like a mash potatoe....

whisty said...

Great post! Amazing pics too!