Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

birthday - ish

Being a bit all over the shop...(cannot help it ...‘like those holy souvenirs from Knock’ – I love that lyric..) I forgot to mention that on the seventh of July I officially celebrated three whole years of blogging! Madness, isn’t it! My bloggy – wog (clearly, I am also a fan of Russell Brand and his Booky Wook..) has changed a little bit since then and dear me, I hope for the better! I was a young one back then, not sure what the heck I was on about must of the time...well perhaps, that has not changed all that much..but I guess it’s kind of cool to be blogging for a relatively long ( or day- cent, as we might say..) length of time. I never would have thought way back when that I would still be at it going into my second year in university. In a way, and unintentionally, I suppose, it has become such a pivotal part of my life – something I regularly talk about and most certainly think about quite frequently. Indeed, I would like to say thanks to those people in my life who regularly listen to my long – winded spiels about blogging etc., I reckon I bore ye, but it doesn’t go unrecognised! Recent times have also brought me into contact with a number of Irish bloggers, which is super super cool and it is great to indulge in blog related chit chat with fellow bloggers.

I have never regretted setting up this blog. Ever, which is odd for me a person who thinks over things way too much than is probably healthy. It is especially interesting to see how my style of writing and content has changed over time – I look back at some of my older posts and a little part of me wants to hide behind the sofa forever more – but I guess that’s the learning curve. Now I think I post in far more honest way then I did when I first started out, in that I only post things that genuinely inspire me now as opposed to posting things just because it was on so and so’s blog. I’m not sure what direction the blog may take in the future – my interests are changing, what inspires me is changing – but, at She’s in Vogue’s core (hmm...bit epic for a blog to have a ‘core’ maybe..?) is whatever inspires me, (throwing around the word ‘inspire’ a lot there...please excuse) and whatever that may be (oh and excuse the rhyming too..).

Here’s hopefully to many more birthdays and thank you thank you for continuing to read and to visit and to comment. Makes it all worth while.

Love Kat x
Ps. It is has been on my list of things to do with an age - but I will fix up my link list shortly! Drop a line too if you want to exchange links - a dying tradition, I notice within the ...ugh..I hate to say it..blogosphere..

9 comments:

Elle said...

Congratulations and long may you carry on love! I feel the same about my older posts and I've only been at it a year! To the next 3years dear!

The Style Strutter said...

Aww happy blog birthday!! Its daycent:)!!
Haha I cant actually make myself use the word blogosphere either:)!!

Cathy
thestylestrutter.blogspot.com
xxx

Laura said...

Hurray!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!! xxx

Blau von T said...

I'm so glad blogs have brought us together x

Sarah said...

Blogosphere also makes me feel a bit ill. Happy blog birthday! If you feel like posting a link to my blog, please do. My links are looking a bit spare atm, I really should update.

Izzy said...

congrats on ur blog's birthday! i would love to trade links with u if u'll have me :)

Kat said...

Hey Izzy! I think I remember your old blog from way back when! And just looking at your profile, I remember doing an interview for you! Just read that interview now..I cringe..I have changed a lot since then!
Will definitely link you! x

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog, I had not noticed shesinvogue.blogspot.com earlier in my searches!
Continue the superb work!