Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

june scrapbook - 'stop apologising for the things you've never done'



Tonight I am off to see my favourite aging Mod. He may be old now and a bit wrinkly, and not so cool, but hell, I openly admit to my love for him! I have a slight case of obsession..


It was my birthday during the week and this is what I wore. I have such a thing for lilac at the moment.. Honestly, cannot get enough of the colour! My mother called this dress 'Old Granny's Nightie'. I found this kind of funny - it is quite an accurate description to be fair, but the length is short and there is a prominent exposed zip at the back which slightly reduces the old nightie look...I hope..
dress - topshop
Grace Kelly is the perfect summer time wardrobe inspiration. Chic, simple, ladylike and I'm not sure why, but I'm always attracted to 1950s' shapes and styles in the summer months.

I like the summer because it means there is lots of time for me to paint. And well... painting makes me happy, simple as.
And as you can see here, went a bit Klimt - esque and painted the background gold.
PS. Much thanks to all for the birthday wishes! x

11 comments:

Emma said...

I have that dress! Slightly grannys nightie but that's kind of what I love about it.
Great painting you're tres talented.

Mon Cheri said...

WOWW I am in love with this dress !

stunning..it does't look like a nightie to me..I would wear this anywhere

great find :)

xxx

lovelydisco said...

GREAT DRESS! And your artwork is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

PaUl wElLeR!!!!!!!! wHAt A MaN :D

Blau von T said...

love the dress..love grace...and there's more of that wonderful art of yours..how was paul?

See you Sat x

chicknamedhermia said...

That picture is gorgeous! And lol yeah, you're mam is spot on, but it's lovely!

Becky said...

Gorg painting! And look GREAT in that dress! x

http://beckydazzler.blogspot.com/

PrincessK said...

Amazing painting, I am new to following you but am in love with your style. When I was back in Dublin I used to dress very similar to you...I miss topshop now I live abroad.

Lots of love

Katie

(Treasure Coast, Florida)

kellebelle said...

Wow. Just wow! Your artwork is AMAZING!!!
You're fab!
x

Shelly said...

This painting is beautiful! *_*

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

nothing like granny wardrobe comparisons. I am quite fond of aged looks. you have an exquisite talent, that painting is marvellous.

http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com/