Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

high/low summer/autumn



I think I am a bit season - confused at the moment, in that I am veering between things rightly of a summery nature but also things of perhaps, a more autumnal character...not really sure, but not easy - breezy - summer anyway.. Regardless, I think this is quite a cool look - statement heels and thick, preferably ribbed grey knee high socks. The look on the left is great with that wonderful, rainbow embroidered skirt and hell ya to the leopard print shoes on the right ( even though I am not the greatest fan of the print in question). I think I'm drawn to this because of the contrast between the high fashion of the avant garde heels and the low fashion of the school uniform - ish thick socks - and you know, you gotta have the contrast.

5 comments:

Annie Spandex said...

I love it with closed toes. :)

Lady said...

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! that leopard print shoes was made for meeeeeee!!!!

i love it!!!!!

xoxo
lady

Blau von T said...

these are the best examples I've seen yet!!!

chicknamedhermia said...

I love it, but I don't think I'd ever brave it!

whisty said...

Oh I am so getting some thick grey socks! Today! Delish! Thanks for the inspirations Ms Vogue! X