Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

beauty icon du jour


This post is sort of for my sister Fiona. There’s a bit of a girl crush going on in my house...Fiona, my mother, and I (albeit a bit late in joining the club), all have a thing about a certain young Meryl. I reckon the majority of my age group are only familiar with the legend that is Meryl Streep via irritating turns in even more irritating films...that would be you The Devil wears Prada and I wanna puke, and the ‘don’t even get me started’ Mammia Mia... ignore me and my cynicism though.. they’re...um...cinematic classics..



A month or two ago I saw Woody Allen’s Manhattan which features a phenomenally beautiful young Meryl Streep. Now, I mean ‘Wow’ with perhaps, a ‘Za’... Yes, not only should Streep be considered an astonishing actress, but my goodness, was she an astonishing beauty too. That is not too say that Meryl has decayed into a crumbling, wrinkled old woman... ha! far from it ...Meryl is quite the stunner even in old age...glowing complexion, and by the looks of things botox free – no mean feat in plastic – obsessed Hollywood by any stretch. Indeed, it is this completely natural luminescence that is so incredible about her – spectacular cheekbones, sparkling eyes and teeth, radiant skin and in her youth, a full blonde stream of hair.


Over the weekend we watched the French Lieutenant’s Woman and once again the Meryl gushing began. And Sophie’s Choice sits at home ready to be watched... watch some of these, and I doubt we’ll be the only ones gushing.

9 comments:

chicknamedhermia said...

I just want to BE her!!!! If I look half as good as her at her age, I'll be a happy bunny! Plus I could do with some of her grace and elegance *sigh*

Blau von T said...

I LOVE HER...so sexy and alluring..even just her voice in The Fantastic Mr. Fox..I hope I age with such class

great post XXXX

Brownsugar... said...

...you should watch 'Out of Africa' if you haven't, its so goood...and soooo long...and it makes you wish Africa were your back garden...

And Mamma Mia was such a good, eat-your-heart-out, cheese fest! Lol. I love it, despite its lack of a story line amongst other things...

lol. i'm off with the rants. Excuse me.
Bye now!!
xoxo

ooothundathighrevo said...

ooo i love her. she's sophisticated,confident and seems to have a wicked sense of humor. If you're a fan of offbeat comedies you should watch "She-Devil". She costars in it with Roseanne Barr.

noise-and-ambition.blogspot.com

Romi said...

If you want to relive her youth even today, you simply have to look at her daughter and she's the spit of her!!

BM Models said...

Such a great collection of photos of her, she is wonderful!

Love the whole blog too.

Megan x

Jennifer Stoddart said...

Beautiful post! Love Meryl. She's definitely at the top of the classy, elegant, talented list.

anna said...

Wow meryl was, and still is, such an incredible beauty. i must watch a few of her older movies. But i have to admit, i loved 'the devil wears prada' and though meryl was fab in it!

discothequechic said...

ah, such a great post. she really was so beautiful. and she still is of course, but I mean in that completely youthful way. and in that low key, simple way that mainly other women notice.