Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

girl from the north country

I have a little obsession at the moment. Perhaps, it stems from seeing countless footage of Florence Welch sporting the look or maybe, it has something to do with that lovely Nordic - esque/fictional/warrior princess/idol of mine Eowyn of the Lord of the Rings..(annoyingly I could not find the accurate image I had in mind..ugh.). Either way, that milk - maid/Scandinavian 'plaits across the head' (for want a better term) hair do is on my mind, alas, not my head, constantly. Pretty - check. Laid back/kinda hippy - check. Feminine - check. In style of beloved Rohan horse maiden - check. Now, if only I had manageable, silvery blonde hair that would cooperate with me and create this look..

8 comments:

tess said...

if I had enough hair I would totally do this

Blau von T said...

im a plait addict, seriously

ana said...

i wore my hair exactly like this today! for the first time in ages, too, weird!!

geisharock said...

I know what you mean about wishing for silvery blonde hair that looks ethereal with braids... you can usually hardly even see braids in my dark hair! x

anna said...

Braids are such a symbol of summer! everyone loves a nice plait. i particularly love the loose, french side plaits that fall into a ponytail. tomorrow's hairstyle sorted!

elisabeth said...

oh i love plaits so much. i've got the hair for it, but sadly, not the hand-eye coordination to pull it off. all of my braids fail.

BeckyDazzler said...

Love this! Wish I had more hair!!

lovelydisco said...

I really wish my hair was long enough to do this to :(