Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

and you know that she's half crazy, but that's why you want to be there



Anyone who watched the recently finished latest series of Skins, I think, would have been fairly disappointed. Twas fairly rubbish, wasn't it? Well at least I thought so...it was all a bit contrived and well, dare I say it, silly...I mean that John Foster malarkey...one could only laugh. Ah, but I digress. Skins has always...hmm, that makes it sounds as though Skins has been around as long as Coronation Street, you know what I mean though...depicted the cool, hip, misunderstood indie kids that we all secretly kind of want to be despite their ridiculously troubled lives. Of course, the majority of the characters over the past four series have been quite the stylish folk too which can only ever help. After the first lot of characters headed off to...well where ever they headed off to, I don't quite recollect..and the new posse came bursting onto the scene, more badass than ever before, the bulk of its audience remained reminiscing a bit too much about the old crowd.

The new crowd (and I dread to think what kind the new new crowd will be like) could never quite tap into the viewers in the way Tony and his lot did. Perhaps, I'm wrong but out of all the characters Cassie was definitely among everyone's favourites. I know this is so long ago and I do not even have enough fingers on my hand to count how many 'Cassie's Style' posts I have read over the years, but really her styling was pure genius..and well genius can only ever be celebrated with people like me sitting around reminiscing about the good ol' times when Cassie lit up the screen in her flowy skirts and kitsch -y tops. Once again a post..(probably, or maybe a few more secretly want to reminisce too?)..for moi.


I love the look in the top right with the 50s' dog pattern skirt, coral socks and dotted tights.


The look in the top left was one of my fave Cassie outfits..the mixture of the 'mammy - ish' floral top and sequins is nothing short of perfect..and my goodness, I have tried and failed to recreate that hairdo. Cassie often wore magnificent spangly/shiny pieces clashed with showstopping scarlet lips.


Ah Cassie's sailor top surely must have spawned a thousand blog posts...stuff of dreams, so it was. Note too, Cassie's penchant for quirky jewellery, bottom right.


I don't think anyone has yet forgotten the scene where Cassie wears that outfit (bottom middle). The legendary sunglasses, the hat, the florals...why can't we all dress like this?

all topshop

13 comments:

tess said...

I love Cassie too! I think viewers loved her because she was so complex. not just the basic anorexic stereotype. actually all of the characters from the first 2 series were quite complex, series 3/4 is much more stereotyped.

chicknamedhermia said...

Awh I love Cassie....although she always makes me want to find and hug her whenever I see how thin she looks in Season 1!! Love her clothes so much...perfect eccentric vintage!

Blau von T said...

i never really got into skins but she does have a really cool look

anna said...

a really lovely cassie post. definitely one of the best i've seen, and you're right, there have been a lot. great selection of images.
love the blog!
x

lovelydisco said...

I think you're in my head. I was just about to do a Cassie post!

gant watch said...

Lovely post! i adore those red shoes at the bottom!

beckyDazzler said...

yea the dog print skirt...pretty epic!

EnVogue said...

Couldn't agree more! The characters in the latest series were 2 dimensional and the storyline was erratic and contrived to say the least.

Enjoyed reading your post :)

Will follow!

Elodie

Queen Jane said...

Cassie was and is my favorite. I did a post about her a little while back. I love love love her.

Fangs and Bangs said...

I love Cassie too! But wasn't it horses on that skirt? I think it's made out of IKEA fabric (:

Anonymous said...

ha, I will test my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's really amazing, thanks.

- Norman

Tilly5832 said...

Fangs and bangs is right. I have that skirt, and it's made out of Ikea fabric. It's horses on it. to be specific it's actually so called "dalahästar".

Anonymous said...

tilly, where/when did you get that skirt? I'm in love, or did you make it with the fabric?