Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

i can count on you

I have always been one for a woolly jumper. Some may say, they are for grannies, but not me. No, I am a firm advocate of that comfy piece of wooliness, and although, spring may be awakening, there's still enough of a chill in the air here to warrant a woolly. I like, especially, when they are thrown on over random dresses and skirts - its a nice contrast that kind of says: ' ooh I just got a wee shiver there and threw this on.' (Um yes, I'm not sure why I want my clothes to suggest this, but you know, whatevs.) I enjoy the rural/farmer connotations too, or sort of remniscent of Keira Knightley's and Sienna Miller's wardrobes in the mediocre 'The Edge of Love'..that film was so forced, but still the outfits were cosy goodness with plenty floral/wool juxtapositions to keep me happy.

I have certainly posted about this little love affair in the past, but my appreciation was reinforced after seeing Nicholas Hoult's angora sweater in 'A Single Man' over the weekend. As much as the other outfits were sinfully beautiful and chic, that beigh/fuzzy sweater and neat checked shirt combo had me smiling foolishly in my seat. It just looked so warm and comfy!

10 comments:

tess said...

omg the nicholas hoult sweater in a single man haha

DNA (designers+artists) said...

great collage and I feel like watching A Single Man again.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I will forever adore woolly jumpers, as well. Paired with leggings they are pure heaven! I almost wish it weren't almost time to pack them up for next year - spring is almost here!! :)

Lambswool Sweater said...

Woolly jumpers no better way to keep the chill off!

lovelydisco said...

Moi aussi! I have yet to see A Single Man but it's top of my list.

Soooali said...

Have always been a fan of a wooly jumper too! Cosy!

LML said...

i want to see a single man sooo badly!

chicknamedhermia said...

Love the collage! There's nothing better than a comfy wool slouchy jumper or cardi....I bought a lovely black cardi in Ubran Outfitters a couple of weeks ago and have worn it A LOT since....it has lovely big vintage gold buttons on it...yum!

Eloise said...

SO true. big jumpers, cups of tea, dark nights. AH bliss. Go away sun my pale complexion doesn't like you.

Eloise

http://www.ineedmoreclothes.blogspot.com

Blau von T said...

the edge of love..you know the way to my heart