Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

cluster’d around by all her starry Fays

Spring finally seems to be in the air. And, suddenly, all those wools..yes, I know, I only praised them a few posts back, but what can I say, I'm fickle... seem so stuffy and tired. I kind of want to run away into a meadow now, with fresh flowers in my hair and a picnic basket swinging from my arm. Yes, this is what one bright evening does to one's head..and maybe, the fact that I really should be studying right now. I am also experiencing a bit of a magpie moment too..as in an odd desire for crystals to cling to my clothes. Perhaps, not that odd really, when one considers Miu Miu's magnificent s/s collection..and the fact that major girl crush Chloe Sevigny has worked some of the pieces...Elle UK, anyone? Basically, I want to hide all the dreary things in my wardrobe and sparkle in crystal adorned pastels a la Miu Miu.


Not just that though..there's a colour that I think could be having a bit of a moment shortly..a colour I don't think I have worn in a long time, if ever really. So take the crystal idea, and the wild flower field and wear... some pale blue to match the pretty clear skies overhead. This probably comes across as quite delirious right now..which is sort of how I am feeling..on a coffee/study procrastinating high..but, it seems like a sweet, dreamy vision. The inspiration? Alexa, of course in Chanel at the recent - ish Elle Style Awards. I think I had seen this dress before, but only over the weekend, it suddenly, dawned on me.. excuse the lame phrase.. 'Fashion Moment'. Yes, currently having a minor love affair with this.

ring, dress, shoes: Topshop, hair accessories: Accessorize

ps.will catch up on comments shortly! thank you for all the well wishing.

5 comments:

Blau von T said...

oh so whimsical floaty pretty....like sitting on a cloud..and im obsessed with Miu Miu at the mo, did you see Chloe Sevigny in Miu Miu for Elle...that girls got game

Erin said...

Seeing as I love your blog so much, I've just awarded you the Sunshine award...details are on my blog!

Love love love,

Erin

xx

Michele said...

I want a really really long plait like in the first picture...

Annie Spandex said...

pretty pretty pretty pretty :)

chicknamedhermia said...

I loved Chloe in Elle...and Alexa's dress is fab!

I came across an old pic of Kirsten Dunst the other day in this beautiful vintage blue dress with a plunging neckline and she was wearing a vintage lace slip with top detail underneath ....it was just amazing and exactly the look I want for this summer!