Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

short cut?



Shorts, I don't know, about you, but I find them dodgy by all means. They are one item that I cannot seem to get my head around..should be fairly simple..they are like trousers, but..um..short.. I cannot wear them. I have tried but it just does not work. I see people all the time wearing little denim cut - offs with an envious 'couldn't care less' attitude (see Giorgia Jagger above, ID winter edition 2009), especially cool with a fittingly sloppy wool jumper, preferably found rummaging among Dad's old things, yet somehow it is a look I fail to successfully recreate.

Perhaps, it has to do with my aversion to appearing season - confused..let me explain, it irks me immensely when I see people wearing little dainty summer shoes and blazers, whereas I am wrapped up in scarfs and boots...'shorts are for the sun and seaside, not for trudging through the all types of weather that an average day in college involves ' says the little niggling voice in my head. On the other hand, perhaps, it is something merely to do with shorts and there sometimes questionable length. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with short hemlines, but like how I feel with jeans (I feel way more self - conscious in jeans, than I do in a skirt), maybe, my subconscious thinks them too much for me personally.




Indeed, it is all in the length. The new trendier length of mid - thigh is something I would be definitely willing to try out and as for those fluid, floral shorts at Topshop (above), why yes, of course. Denim cutoffs, I think, will just have to remain for the time being an item I admire only on others - there is no point forcing it.

4 comments:

chicknamedhermia said...

Yeah I have similar troubles with jeans! Well not the seasonal issue, but they just don't seem ....right!?
I think they can look very ugly on a person very easily, and be terribly unflattering!!!! I always feel like a cow in them!!! Something about the shape ....it just makes me feel like crying when I see myself in them....and it's insane! I'm my NO means a big girl and same as you, I do love me a short hemline of the skirt/dress variety and can pull it off with out offending people's eyes, but shorts? PFFT!

Rhona said...

I totally agree with you on several parts of your post...

1. I also feel more self conscience in jeans than skirts.... I just prefer skirts so much more...

2. I also think denim cut offs are not nice, they seem a tad too scruffy for my liking...

3. I love the floaty, wide leg, floral shorts in topshop, Also there are lovely spotty ones in river island with the same shape...

Love your blog x

Michele said...

...and you told me you didn't have a productive day in the library...!!!

I wonder what herself has to say about this...!

tess said...

I hate the ripped off look of cut offs, they're too sloppy for me