Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

on the run


I made a mental note to post about Meadham Kirchhoff's s/s collection weeks ago, but somehow I am only getting around to it now...welcome to my life as an eternal procrastinator.. hmm I wonder when will I get around to posting about the a/w shows then.. Regardless of my failure to be on top of things, I am still rather in love with this collection.

Stylistically - speaking, there is nothing I love more than some good quality contrast, and that can definitely be found here. Androgynous shoes and boyish socks and neutral basics wonderfully clashed with frothy nude drapes of fabric. There's the lovely sense of the Victorian woman after running through a few fields and catching her dress in a fence or two, fraying the edges of her slip. Indeed, this idea of the escape is palpable in Meadham Kirchhoff's collection - the ripped knees with gauzy layers and tulle skirts create this idea of the female fleeing from some unknown entity that rips and frays her clothing.

The random quality of the layering has me enamoured too - long lengths with the somewhat puzzling addition of sixties' shift - style glitter - speckled tops, puffs of fabric with skinny trousers and diaphanous dresses and tulle and tiers juxtaposed with simple, dishevelled basics




1 comment:

Soooali said...

Oooh I love the black outfit, so powerful!