Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

buttoned up


You know when I was school..not that long ago really..I could not wait for the weekend, not merely because of the respite it offered from the tedium of classes but the respite it offered from that tired and tragic bottle green and navy uniform. The freedom to wear what I like everyday now is one of the things I most enjoy about college - it benefits my mental well being in a way I could not begin to describe, and I mean that in a serious way. Tables have turned though and where I used to wear flouncy skirts and dresses at the weekend, (these have been transferred to weekday attire) the weekend comes now and I throw on the hoodie..yes, I do have a hoodie, and quite trusty it is! Today, with images of last night's movie viewing floating around in my head - Diane Keaton in Woody Allen's Manhattan, think blazers and buttoned up shirts - mingled with a few other things that have been inspiring me lately, I made a little effort despite knowing that the day would be spent in front of the books. The result - skinnies paired with my H&M floral shirt and a black and white checked blazer and my beloved cheapy Zara white brogues. I love that shirt but is one of the most difficult pieces to work with, somehow though, I think the contrast works nicely with the monochrome check.
ps. Delighted to hear that I have been nominated for the best fashion/beauty blog in the Irish Blog Awards. Thanks to all who nominated me. In great company, so do check out the full list here.

12 comments:

Soooali said...

Ahhhh wow, this is amazing! Love the outfit and your hair. Congrats on the nomination!

Eva said...

Congratulations pet!! that's so cool :)love the outfit xox

chicknamedhermia said...

Lol yup I was definitely like that in college....I had 12 hour days in college, and worked early mornings in a deli at the weekend, so as soon as those shifts ended, on came the hoodies and pj shorts ....good times.

A year after college, working a 9-5 office job, I've reverted back to being cool and fashionable at the weekends, and serious during the week *sigh*

HeySayJay! said...

Lovely outfit! It's a really nice combination! And I also wanna have a floral blouse :)

DNA (designers+artists) said...

Buttoned-up is one of the hardest style looks to pull off, 'cuz it's not for everyone. But, when done right, looks so effortlessly well-groomed & chic.

little shadow said...

Oh my goodness, you look so well-put-together; like a woman who intends on acomplishing something with her day.
Luurve it x

Couture said...

Lovely bag!

Judith
http://couture-and-beauty.blogspot.com/

Jules said...

Wow!! Well done, that's awesome!! Love your outfit :) xx

Ivania santos By DIAMOND said...

Hiii ;)

I loveee your blog!!

Fashion.... <3

Rhona said...

Well done on getting nominated... good luck! hopefully someday the same will happen to me :) lovely outfit by the way... you really can pull off that buttoned up shirt look :)

Kitty said...

Yeh I am kinda loving them too right now, with a sweater over the top, real preppy ;) http://kittysbigmouthstrikesagain.blogspot.com/

Blau von T said...

friggin awesome outfit and CONGRATS!