Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

patchwork

One of my favourite editorials from last year was the smartly - punkish 'I only met her today but I feel this' courtesy of Elle UK's October issue. Grunge may be overdone, but I think this editorial put a shiny new spin on things. It's not all woolly greys and scruffy beanies and monochrome, but rather a sort of cheery take on the trend. Knits mixed with leather and sparkles and girly tulle and tweed and plaid - a dazzling plethora of fabrics energetically mixed and matched with..I hate to use the cliche..attitude, but a certain fun and youthful attitude that's unafraid of adding colour. Plus, truly awesome Charles Anastase platform boots are featured..um yes!
The above images can be now found on my inspiration board. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before I try something vaguely similar albeit without the lovely zing of colour present in the editorial - another reminder of the lack of bright colour in my wardrobe. Regardless, it's the patchwork of fabrics I'm interested in, combining sequins, leather, denim and grey jersey.

4 comments:

Phiephie + Minnie said...

A very eclectic feel, more mixed up than the usual dark grunge. I hope you can check out The Fashion Smoke and follow :)

http://thefashionsmoke.com

hippyhippychic said...

wow i love your room
x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chicknamedhermia said...

I'm not into grunge at all, but I also thought it was one of the most interesting editorials all year! It was so different!