Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

coping with obsession in recession*

When my sister was throwing out a bunch of old clothes recently, I salvaged a pretty dodgy black lace skirt from the pile..(I hope she won't mind me calling it 'pretty dodgy'..) It didn't remain intact for long though and was quickly acquainted with my scissors. Now, my sewing skills are extremely basic, underline that..extremely..but, my obsession with hair accessories is so great I am willing to take out the ol' needle and thread and give it an awl go. Taking one old silver headband, one garland of pearls courtesy of a corsage, a few random diamonds that came with a dress and a length of the aforementioned black lace. Fold the black lace into leaf shapes, sew together, attach pearl garland, sew on diamonds and finally, position on headband and sew in place! Yeah..not exactly the art of Haute Couture but inot too bad for a cost saving hair accessory!



*geez what a snappy title..haha not really.

9 comments:

LML said...

looove DIYS! youre genius!!! that is too prety :)

Annie Spandex said...

Oooh! Terrific necklace!

jayne said...

great job! love it, wish i was this talented

Cafe Fashionista said...

Yum to the accessories - I want! :)

lovelydisco said...

AMAZING!

Grace said...

Clever girl!

And thanks a ton for the birthday well wishing!

love Grace.

Felicia said...

you are absolutely adorable....what is your inspiration? www.sheisobsessed.blogspot.com

FashionsLaboratory said...

Genius!

Alya said...

its so hot! I love it :)