Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

aug scrapbook

This is a classic Sartorialist image - it is perfect in its simplicity and elegance. And it's perfect for me too. There is something wonderfully quirky about the entire look - the mismatched stripes, the grandma - ish handbag, the youthful black tights and of course, the shoes. Badger shoes are one of my absolute favourite things for their obvious mod connotations, and I simply adore this girl's jazz shoe pair.
I was so disappointed to hear that Blur have called it a day on their brief reunion. I love these guys. They are a unique bunch of personalities and their music although fun and silly on first listen is actually quite intricate and multi - layered. So glad to have seen them live this summer..only my dear friend Julie will understand..


This look is so delicious for autumn - the colours, the little patent bag, the contrast in texture and yeah, that a - ma- zing jumper. Wooly jumpers are a necessity for anyone living in my neck of the woods, but really should not be relegated to granny's closet. I have always championed the cause of the sloppy wooly jumper and as Alexa proves here it can actually look cool and what's more, stylish. Of course, that lovely jazz - age skirt adds that little bit extra...

This Garance Dore image of Florence Welch was actually posted in April yet it looks so autumnal! (hmm..am I getting a little obsessed with autumn, or what?!) I love Florence and her style. There is nothing ground - breaking about the above outfit but I like it because it looks natural and completely unpretentious. I like how her pre - Raphaelite hair matches the trees and her satchel too.
This is from an oldish but truly fantastic Tim Walker/haute couture Vogue UK editorial. Karen Elsen is perfect in her wild - haired, doll - like -ness and that gown..that gown..that gown.. my biggest obsession of late. It's maybe a bit too 'princess' for many, but for me this pink confection of lavender - tinged tulle conjures up fairy tale dreams of white unicorns and castles.
Read about Elizabeth Peyton in Vogue a while back and I love the vibrant colours of her work and her unique painterly style. Her portraits are personal and meaningful and colourful - in other words just how art should be.

12 comments:

Little Clementine said...

The first photo is lovely and the Garance Dore photo is charming in a simple life kind of way!

Stephanie Kim said...

fall fashion is fantastic! im really looking forward for this year!

jayne said...

i love the florence welch outfit!

Anonymous said...

Oh I do understand! Blur were amazing,they certainly are a unique bunch of personalities... I couldn't have put it better myself!
xoxo :D

hrose said...

i do love that sartorialist image... sometimes he falls into the trap of just photographing fashion-y types, i love it when he just gets the ordinary people, the fashion of the streets. those stripes are incredible.

X

theesilkworm said...

arararararar alexa's photo is just pure yummy....those angora, comfy, really fluffy snuggly cardigans are so unusual...top selection of pictures!
x

AMIT said...

Your all pictures are very good looking.

Lise charmel lingerie

Grace said...

I miss Blur! Of course I find out they were back together, after they are NOT back together anymore.

Love Grace.

chicknamedhermia said...

I need that first dress!!!!

somedaynewyorker said...

I truly need that leopard print opening ceremony sweater that Alexa Chung is wearing.

Anonymous said...

fashionable
fashionable shop
online shop
fashionable products
products
product
clothing
bags
shoes
rayban
pumps
sandals
sunglass
christian louboutin
fashionable
Anna Sui
Chanel
Coach
Gucci
LV
mongram
tous
Balenciaga
AF
Abercrombie & Fitch
Man's Beach Shorts
Man's Jean
Man's Overalls
Man's T-shirts
Women's Sun-top
Women's T-shirts
jimmy choo
Manono Blahnik
MUMIU
Vanies
Ray ban

fashionable
fashionable shop
online shop
fashionable products
products
product
clothing
shoes
bags
rayban
pumps
sandals
sunglass
christian louboutin

Florent said...

Hey I loved this article, it was quite inspirational! Love the sartorist's image you picked, and Elizabeth's drawings too...

xoxo

Florent - http://lhabitfaitledandy.com