Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

florence welch



A few months ago I heard Florence and the Machine's song 'A kiss with a Fist' on some Channel Four ad, and instantly loved it. I'm not one for songstresses usually, but Florence Welch is one pretty cool lady. As a friend of mine aptly pointed out, she resembles some artistic muse or Renaissance portrait (a Titian, perhaps?) with that mane of burnt red waves and strong features, and I completely agree. And the clothes are all lovely dovely too, may I add. Bright, garish florals, lace, feathers, satin, sequins and wonderful 'muse - like' dresses - long, floaty, feminine, very Renaissance. Overall there's an alluring treasure chest/dressing - up box feel to her look which I love, especially with all those jewels and fancy hairpieces she appears to like.
I want that peach satin dress (top right) so bad. And check out the jewels (top left).
Vogue UK July 2009 (click to enlarge)

Watch: (for some reason, which really does annoy me, I cannot post videos!)
Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up)

14 comments:

jayne said...

i love her voice, but I didn't realize she was so stylish too, cool!

A-Chick-Named-Hermia said...

I really don't get why the world has gone crazy for FATM....

chicknamedhermia said...

Shoot ...I used the wrong link for the last comment ....maybe Internet God likes FATM too...eeep!

Suzannah said...

i love her style too :) lovely blog btw <3

Suzannah said...

just to let you know i've became a follower of your blog beacause it's lovely <3

Mockle said...

I saw that article in vogue, it was quite a good read with the others in it too.
She does have great style, I've seen her live and she seems very sweet and shy!
Lovely music she doesn't half belt out a number :)

coco said...

I love her too, there are some many great new women in music at the moment. I love Florence and La Roux and VV Brown.

Alice in Wardrobe Wonderland said...

Such a cute blog - love the header, the the collages, love everything x

www.wonderlandlondon.blogspot.com

lovelydisco said...

I like her. There was a really good interview with her in the latest Nylon. Did you read it?

ByRICHaRD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ByRICHaRD said...

She is amazing!
And I’m seeing her tonight.
And Rabbit Heart is one of my most listened tracks right now. It’s so dreamy and psychedelic. It’s all incredible.
x

whaleandsa2 said...

I love her. She is amazing!
Her style is amazing. Anyone know where i can find out how to do my make up like she had it on T in the Park ?
Lovin Kiss with a fist; Dog days &
Rabbit Heart (raise it up)

Ashley said...

http://ashleytallen.blogspot.com/
FLORENCE

Anonymous said...

I love Florence, she's amazing.
Here's the video made by Florence and The Machine FanClub PL for Florence's birthday: http://bit.ly/P77w3t Please spread the word!