Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

here comes the sun..

It has been a while, but I'm back. The reason for my absence, was quite mundanely, exams - I have just completed the old leaving cert and therefore finished up with my school days too. Here's to third level education, I guess..? Anyway, may take me a while before I'm truly back into the swing of things.
It's fitting for me to post this image of a seemingly old cardie..well that is pretty much what is: an old, somewhat ugly cardigan. A few weeks ago my brother said that once the leaving cert finished this cardigan should be dumped. I found that funny, but it is true I have kind of lived in the thing for the past year. It has been my one companion while studying, always there to throw on, be it disturbingly early hours of the morning or after school, I didn't even cease to wear the garment at weekends. The best €4. 50 I have spent, and no one's going to make me give her up.
While studying and doing my exams, the one thing I was looking forward to, however, was dressing up. When I finished on Tuesday I went out for dinner that night, and of course, over dressed for the occasion, but in my defence the dress actually belonged to mother back god knows when. I never really wear lemon or yellow, but that sunny palette seemed very apt for the night that was in it.

16 comments:

jayne said...

omg that dress is amazing! and i love the contrast with the leather jacket!

glad to have you back btw

Trendology said...

What a great dress! Very pretty!

chicknamedhermia said...

That dress is fab!
And boo to the LC ....my brother finished his last Friday! We you badly messed up by that whole English Paper fiasco?

ByRICHaRD said...

ello love.
That dress is amazing!
Paradoxal juxtaposition at its best.

Alya said...

The leather jacket is amazing with the floral dress! Great choice!

|ME said...

Thanks!
I also love the drawings on the wall behind you...Cute dress=)

Fashion Moment said...

So lovely dress! Have a fab day, dear!

FM~FP~AF

jessica said...

congratlations, and cheers to summer !
that dress is gorge on you, by the way .

gracie takes fashion so seriously it can turn ugly said...

no its lovely . hope the ol lc went ok . trust me darling you will NEVER NEVER EVER have to do anything more horrific ever again . x x

daisy kate said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog :) I think they both annoy me so much just because they aren't anyone but a surname :/!
this dress looks gorgeous on you! And conrats on finishing college. I completely agree that you shouldn't throw your cardi away, it looks gorgeous and so unique! :)
Kate ♥
www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Love how you pair this lovely dress with that leather jacket...Modern romaticsm!

jules said...

I adore your dress.

zoƫ said...

looovve this maxi dress .
and it looks amazing with the little leather motto jacket on top .
sheer perfection !


x

ellastica said...

such lovely porcelain complexion; so envious.
i liked that you paired the dress with nude heels.
i owned a leather jacket very similar to that in high school (my neo-hippie new wave straight-edge blah blah individual phase) but mine was a boxy kid's biker jacket so i looked pretty ridiculous because of the 'off' fit but i rocked it and nobody else in the whole school had one! confidence and conviction can make the look.

Daisy said...

You look fantastic!

Daisy said...

You look fantastic!