Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

bowling for my birthday?

Today was my birthday. Although it was a pretty regular day over all, I did enjoy getting dressed up for a spot of grocery shopping. The same day I came across that dress from my last post, I found this lemon shirt also. I have quite the thing for shirts, I like them especially because of their obvious masculinity and also just because they are comfy. I was thrilled to find this one. It reminds me of a shirt from a bowling uniform. Lovely and retro and very 50s, even though it probably only just about survived the 80s and 90s. The collage in my head formed the minute I saw it. I love a 'housewife' ribbon in the hair, or just a waist tie from another shirt in my case!
 

7 comments:

jayne said...

oo love the bag

shirts are great because they can be either dressed up or down

Annie Spandex said...

The retro style is great on you!!! You have the perfect hips for it--those capris look awesome.
And I LOVE that bag :)

Avant Gaudy said...

Happy birthday! I love the retro housewife look - and I never thought to tie a piece of cloth around my head as a headband like that! Is it just a remnant?

lovelydisco said...

Happy birthday! I adore your outfit.

daisy kate said...

You do look so retro and cool, very pretty :) The shirt fits great!
Daisy Kate www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com

Cris Lazoru said...

I adore your look! happy birthday birthday lady!

C.

Romeika said...

1950s pinup with a twist, perfect for the summer time, and you look gorgeous! Plus, such an amazing wall behind you..