Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

i wanna be adorned


This latest obsession of mine conflicts with almost everything I have blogged about recently - in one word: simplicity. I suddenly want to drape copious amounts of jewellery and fussy neck scarfs around my neck and throw on a ridiculously gaudy and/or embellished jacket and wish I never said I was bored with extravagance. Don't ask me where all this has come from. Perhaps my love affair with jewellery is such a pure romance it will never relent, or maybe its a case of faux opulence ala Holly Golightly. Regardless I'm pining for multitudes of jangling necklaces, a wristful of tinkling bangles and perky little hair decorations.


I like the garish colours combined with a ladylike silhuette in this American Vogue editorial (right) and of course the combination of shoulders, clashing fabrics, necklaces and lofty hair accessories is suddenly my new notion of perfection.


My simpler take on 'adornment'. As I write now this looks waaay too simple than what I actually have in mind....

18 comments:

Victoria C said...

I love these looks with the piled on accessories - you chanel it so well xo

chicknamedhermia said...

I love that look, although it's a little too high maintenance for me on a regular basis!
I really need to build up my collection of costume jewellery!

Love the collages as usual! =)

molly said...

love jewelry and you pull it off with such class and sophistcation

Fashionaphylactic. said...

You look beautiful, so classy and sophisticated, but I completely know what you mean, one minuite I'm all simple and just wearing my casio, next I've raided everyones jewellery boxes in my house and I've got 8 gold strands round my neck haha, one day we'll reach a happy medium :)
Kate♥
www.fashionaphylactics.blogspot.com

Cris Lazoru said...

Loved the piled on look, you are workin it!

C.

Anonymous said...

俗語說:朋友做到死 金錢甭提起 就是友情才會長久之意,我個人不會跟人借錢當然也不會隨意借錢給他人   即然言明是借錢就是要還錢 。

Kira Fashion said...

I love the accessories so much too!
They really change the look :)))

Kisses!


Kira

jayne said...

oo i love your own personal interpretation!

xs said...

the gibson girl influence by marc was definitely a clever one. if only we still dressed that way . . .

Anonymous said...

有很多清境民宿在做旅遊促銷住宿超優惠。

Alya said...

I feel the same way too! I want to be wrapped in luxury! LOL I feel so Joan Collins!

Aretha said...

You really look like a classic movie star :)

haylin said...

you look fantastic, girl~

Penelope said...

Love the pictures which you've chosen for this posting! It's wonderfully written; and I LOVE your take on this look! Your hair is amazing! And NOW; you make me want to look for a gorgeous, clip for my hair! LOVE your jacket!

Anonymous said...

健身中心是運動減肥的好地方。

discothequechic said...

Have really enjoyed your past few posts, they're all so great, and this one too!

Really into this Marc Jacobs look, and it's such a refreshing change from this never ending "rip and torn" wardrobe fad so thanks for the inspiration, K!

Eda said...

Lovely pictures!

Dário Shoüpaiwisky said...

I love it.
kiss