Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

rebel rebel

I never thought I would have a leather jacket hanging up in my wardrobe, never mind the fact that it is currently my most beloved item in there. Perhaps, it was all those Rick Owens' jackets or maybe Susie Bubble's scrumptious cropped version or maybe just my cliched image of the 'rock chick' that I often cling to, to make up for the fact that alas, that will never actually be me. Regardless, it's love - I've got a feeling we're going to have a lot of good times together.
I'm not so sure why I have a teddy girl tossed into this collage. I do realise the Teddy Boy subculture and the Rocker subculture, to which the leather jacket is traditionally associated with are too entirely separate groups. She just looks like a rebel. Buttoned up shirts are an obsession of mine too.
Indeed, I seem to be playing quite the love - struck one. Constantly drifting off into some daydream..involving me and my beloved, of course.. counting down the days until I can try it out with a girly pink dress or with a mid - night blue sequined top. And that's exactly the thing, its an item that can go with just about everything. I cannot help, but be smug in my conversion! I bet you're just waiting for that typical leather jacket description cliche too: "buttery leather", but it really is made of such soft, delicious material!
Of course I quite like it in its more traditional 50s rocker style form, as seen in my attempt below. Just ignore all those lame "Where's the motorbike?" jokes.
Two of my favourite style obsessions - Paul Weller and Debbie Harry - both seen here in leather jackets. Of course punk and leather go hand in hand as The Clash decked out in leather here would prove.

Sorry for the hiatus, will catch up on comments shortly. - Kat x

16 comments:

becca. said...

wow.
i really love the leather jacket, its really lovely, i reckon leather jackets will be a huge must-have item :]
check out my blog, your blog is in my inspirational blogs section :)
would you like to swap links?

xx

jayne said...

I searched far and wide for a leather jacket last spring and after finally finding one at H&M (more like a pleather jacket ha) they've now sprung up all over the shops ugg, I hate when that happens! Still I don't care how trendy/popular they get, I cannot seem to stop wearing mine- as a layer of extra warmth, as my overall jacket, some edge to frilly outfit, another piece to perfect my punk look for the day, its such an essential. I really love your fully buttoned up shirt, I must try that!

Ciara said...

A timeless piece to enjoy forever! Lovely!

Iole said...

hi love your blog and read about it in an italian newspaper.
you rock!
come to visit mine
xoxo
Iole

Diana said...

i have a hooded leather jacket and it goes well with everything!
i love how tough yours look but you make it feminine!

Twiggy Mod said...

you look fantastic.


and your leather number is gorgeous! x

Alya said...

I got a leather jacket this year and unfortunately I'm not wearing it enough! Its surprisingly comfy, and you can wear it with everything.. I love it!

Anonymous said...

19th birthday present...
a motorbike!

Victoria C said...

i love leather jackets, i don't think i could live without mine
your banner is amazing! xo

molly said...

mm so inspring!
i loove leather jackets - mines unfortunately fake leather. cant afford real leather!

la petite fashionista said...

my leather jacket i purchased in Florence is one of my most beloved wardrobe items! I had no idea how versatile an investment it would be:)

xoxo

Fashion Moment said...

Fantastic jacket!

FM~FP

haylin said...

i must have to say,
you looks really great!
really!

jessica said...

you look great in it !!
& i love your header :]

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ajimowuqag.100megsfree5.com/jiwinu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://nerivuzela.exactpages.com/witosev.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich