Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

my skirt tooth

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but it certainly wasn't a concious choice. Like many others that have gone before me (see Susie Bubble), I have pretty much eradicated the trouser from my wardrobe. I still wear them yes, heck I have to wear them everyday to school as part of my uniform and always when I'm only sitting about the house, but practically anytime I move outside the confines of my own house I'm wearing either a skirt or dress.

Indeed, it was dresses first. I had a couple one minute and the next a whole wardrobe full of them...garish summer dress anyone?...Too many. As much as I still like dresses, afterall nothing feels nicer to wear then a really fantastic dress, I have come to the conlusion that they are what you would call a bit of a waste of money. We all know too well of the stigma that is attached to wearing a dress.. shock horror.. to more then one event. Of course one can wear different shoes and a blazer instead of a cardigan or whatever, but some dresses (generally the 'dressy' dresses) will just be the same dress despite the altering of additional extras. Therefore, I try to avoid the purchasing of said dresses in favour of a more low key style. However, I have come to realise my real vice lies in what I would consider my skirt tooth..you know like the sweet sort except a weakness for skirts instead of sugary snacks..think I have one of those too though... In celebration of some of my skirts...

(click to enlarge)

19 comments:

jayne said...

nice collage, I have the same problem. when I was little I apparently once told my mother, "I never want to wear pants", then I only wore pants, and now I'm at the point where one friend asked "have you not worn pants all week now?" haha

MISS GLITZY said...

Lovely skirts! I love to wear dresses and skirts, they give me a feeling of freedom and feminity but unfortunately I wear pants most of the time. Could be a new year resolution...

Annie said...

Skirts are awesome--I should wear them more often. I used to wear them all the time during summer. I'm such a tomboy these days! Now I only wear them when I go out dancing, basically

Savvy Mode SG said...

i love skirts too. but recently i am really into buying dresses.

Miss Karen said...

I'm all about skirts/dresses - I've found that any form of trouser has the ability to make me look stumpy. Although I am slowly trying to re-incorporate them back into my wardrobe!

葛瑞塔.greta said...

what a gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Aw it's fabulous! I love this post, the collages are gorgous! xox

TheMinx said...

I never wear pants if I can help it! Haha I feel like a lot of bloggers lately are coming to this same conclusion. They're gorgeous and comfy, what's not to like??

Aretha said...

I did the exact same thing years ago, I hate pants too now

Aisha said...

You always have the nicest collages!
Dear, Coloured bleu has changed its name and has moved to http://nerdy-trendy.blogspot.com/, would you mind updating uour link, please?

Cris Lazoru said...

love all the collages, you've done a great job as usual.

C.

S. said...

i looove my pants. but i hate jeans. i`m so over them, i got rid of like 14 pairs last spring. and i love dresses. over the last year their number in my wardrobe has tripled. they are mostly quite basic, even classic, therefore wearable more than once. skirts i never wear.

bold suggestion: from the pics i`ve seen in your blog i think you would look stunning with short blonde hair.

nevermind, i like your blog.

The Stiletto Effect said...

I really love the sequined and gothic styles!
Kisses
Su

penelope said...

LOVE those polka dotted and high waisties!! :D:D

I'm beginning to wear more and more dresses too! And tunics with tights!

They are just some of the most comfy things ever!

Noemi Rochelle D said...

i LOVE DRESSES! love your blog!

Noemi Rochelle D said...

i LOVE DRESSES! love your blog!

The Stiletto Effect said...

Hi :)
The Stiletto Effect has a new home!
Can you please change your link to www.thestilettoeffect.com
Thanks
****
Su

donna AND navaz said...

Excellent montages!

splendid said...

wukong5
kaimeiri
kaluola
suonata
yilante