Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

i hear those sleigh bells ring

In my post 'G - l - a - m - o - r - o - u - s' (eughh..that title still gives me shudders..what was I thinking?!), I briefly mentioned dressing for Christmas. Since I don't do this often on the blog and since it is Christmas (well I know the day has passed, but I'm on my hols so therefore it's still Christmas), here's what I wore.

In my opinion, 'tis quite the festive fare, indeed I have been referring to it as the 'Christmas Bauble/Tree look (that title probably won't be catching on in fashion circles). It's red, it's gold, it's green, I might as well have added the fairy lights, but you know I like things to be over - the - top. Without further a do..

(click to enlarge)
Top and jacket: Topshop, skirt and fur stole: River Island, shoes: Faith

The top really deserves a close up. Although you can't see it here as it is tucked into the skirt, it has a an empire line that flares into a prom shape, therefore resembling a really mini dress, unfortunately too mini to wear as an actual dress! Plus it has a fantastic exposed zip on the back. I can't say River Island is my favourite shop, too much for me I'm afraid, but this skirt is as lovely as christmas presents under a tree.

(Yes, messing around with photoshop is a wonderfully addictive waste of time and yes, this is bloody lazy post.)

19 comments:

jayne said...

fabulous outfit! regardless of what you call xmas dress your outfit really does encapsulate it all wonderfully- glitz, rock glam, sophistication- there isn't just one thing I love about it, but everything works perfectly. and glad you enjoyed my 100 things list- sometimes I wonder if I'm boring people with my narcissism haha, so happy you appreciated it!

Molly said...

i love what your wearing!
and your wall looks wonderful too

Outi said...

The hair looks wild! Like it. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it... Missing you girlie, give me a call if you get a chance in your busy schedule. Things not great, awell. Hope your good xox

Amelia said...

I love the skirt. The color and shape are amazing.

emsie said...

i love you outfit
plus your wall!

x

Aretha said...

Is that your room? It looks amazing with the pics on the back
Have a great New Year's Eve!

M said...

cute! i love the emerald skirt with the red shoes! i love them both!

Miss Karen said...

You look amazing here, perfect for Christmas!

And I'm totally with you on the photoshop addiction - I can't get enough of it!

I hope your NYE is fantastic :D

Ana said...

Fabulous outfit! Oh wow and your hair is so great, kind of Alison Goldfrapp-y.

You should post outfits more often.

Aisha said...

I love everything about this outfit.
I also love your wall and your hair.

I also wanted to tell you that Coloured bleu has moved to http://nerdy-trendy.blogspot.com, hope you give me a visit someday soon and don't forget to update your links with the new url (;

thestilettoeffect said...

Love your outfit!
Thx for your lovely words!
HAPPY 2009
Love
Su

葛瑞塔.greta said...

hey, happy new year!
ha ha ha ha....
do you have joining in countdown to 12 o'clock with your friends ?
new of the year now, i hope everybody in the new year will be that all is well!

fhen said...

fabulous outfit. i looove your red shoess! happy new year 2009 :)

LML said...

that is a darling outfit!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

penelope said...

Are those your sketches on the wall?! They're so well drawn!!

Love your outfit!!! LOVE everything about this! The blazer, the TOP; the skirt; the SHOES! AND YOUR HAIR IS SO WILD!

Happy New Year Kat!

http://dadoichzlig.blogspot.com said...

mum?

rabbi lars said...

mum?

materials said...

goujian43
match731
deaf330
adjure03
ague603