Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

for inspiration: it's iek

Models are by no means my area of expertise. I know the big names - Daria, Lily, Jessica, Chanel, Coco, Jourdan, Lara - (haha calling models by their first names only has that excellent 90's SUPERMODEL feel to it! See: Claudia, Naomi, Cindy, Linda etc.) and can recognise my fair share of faces but generally my knowledge and interest is verging on the limited. Iekeliene Stange is certainly no obscurity or new kid on the block either, having somewhat of a cult following for her flipping fantastic wardrobe. She somehow manages to do all the hippy zaniness of coloured leggings, sequins and print dresses with style and flair, the style and flair that Agyness Deyn (only a little dig at Agyness, I actually don't mind her) so surely lacks when tackling similar sartorial themes. Iekeliene has a fascinating face one that constantly gets described as 'alien - esque' or otherworldly. The thing is the cliches are used for a reason as it actually is otherworldly and I for one, having long been intrigued by her, cannot understand why she doesn't get more print coverage.

After finishing school and an icky (that's not a pun) chemistry exam today, I absent mindedly checked up her thread on thefashionspot and found a whole host of lovely images. Had to share.

Terrifically lazy post but I'm tired and she's colourful.

20 comments:

LANA said...

our dutch pride! love her!

jayne said...

oo love the hazy field bike shots

LML said...

she seems really cool!

loving the new header!

Miss Karen said...

I think she's incredible - one of my favourite models!

The Stiletto Effect said...

She's soooo cool!

葛瑞塔.greta said...

iekeliene rocks.

penelope said...

She's got this; rocker; "I dont care what the world thinks about me" feel about her; Her shots are haunting!

margault said...

shes one of my favs !
love your blog, im adding you.
love!

deep_in_vogue said...

she's fierce!!!

V said...

thats so hot, she is so weird. i loved her in topshop!!!

www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com
wanna link?

Jenny said...

great array of photos of an original kat - so much fun! engaging too, love the blog!

Isa said...

she seems so different and fresh !!

Ana said...

Agreed with the dutch pride comment. :P

She's my favourite model. She seems like such a cool person.

Thanks for this post...loved the inspiration.

archivingfashion said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I really like her style, especially in that last photo.

discothequechic said...

oh my gossh, Kat, I haven't seen your blog for so long and it has chan ged so much!

it looks amazing! somebody learn some photoshop skills? hee.

I've been flicking through your archives drooling over all of the collages!

xxx

Crave said...

cool post! love the photos!

great blog!

Bobble Bee said...

iek is definitely the most stylish model ever alive !

Bojana said...

That girl is completely crazy. I've been in love with her for years

Twiggy Mod said...

I lurve this post lady cakes x

googler said...

huangjiamadeli
mancheng
reci830
qieerxi
beidisi