Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

november scrapbook

I put my hands up. I know I have been a rather lame blogger of late but I have been wading through a lot of school work what with exams and so forth. Unfortunately another two weeks before things are back to a nice state of normality. Bear with me.

Here are just a few bits and pieces that are nice to look at in these melancholy November days.

Auf wiedersehen for the moment.


I posted a while ago about the wonders of short hair and doesn't this woman's hairdo just bloody well rock? Seriously, how cool is she? Love the crazy jumper, mens' watch and the too cool for school facial expression. And of course the sunglasses. Love the look on the left too. Very simple - denim, mini skirt, stripes, Wayfarers - but simplicity sometimes can be the hardest to pull off.

Alexa Chung always looks perfect without being polished or overdone. Her tweed blazer has me inspired. Love the thought of an oversized Grandad - ish tweed blazer. Sleeves rolled up to inject some 'now' and we're good to go.

In other blazer news this sparkly Alexander Wang one is on my wish list. (a part of me hates mentioning Alexander Wang here as it may seem like I'm jumping on the band wagon but whereas a lot of the things he does are definitely not for me, some do just hit the nail on the head. )

2000 Hussein Chalayan and 2006 Viktor & Rolf
I loved Vogue UK's editorial in the December edition entitled "Unbelievable Fashion" photographed by Nick Knight. The surreal and fantastical story featured a selection of out of this world creations from the archives of a number of designers including Alexander McQueen, Gareth Pugh and Galliano. Wondrously strange, the pieces featured date from as far back as 1994 right up to 2009 with the inclusion of Alexander Wang footwear.

A cloth - crafted feast for the eyes to brighten up these dreary days.



2003 Dior and 2003 John Galliano



Also featured in this month's Vogue was a collection of chalks by Karl Lagerfeld. The basis of the article, "Karl Lagerfeld's Secret Ball", was a fictitious ball as imagined by the master himself. Wish my own fair hand was responsible for these...

I know this new Dior campaign for Miss Dior Cherie has been splashed acoss fashion blogs galore but I couldn't resist featuring the images here too just because Miss Dior Cherie is one of my favourite perfumes ever...*hint hint* (Christmas is on the way, you know!)

The Parisian princess fantasy we all secretly harbour.

11 comments:

jayne said...

ooo those lagerfeld paintings are divine, and my current desktop :)

the dior ads are so fun and whimsical, love it!

alexa is perfect there

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

i do live the whole pictures!

such inspirational

Miss Karen said...

Oh thank you for sharing these images they are all so wonderful! And I can't get enough of the Miss Dior Cherie campaign - it's just beautiful :D

Juliet said...

I love the couture and grunge. I have that magazine too! Karl images were amazing!

juliet xxx

Isa said...

Alexa Chung is one of my favorite fashion icon, I love the way she 'mixes' her outfits ...

Thank for the Lagerfeld paintings, I didn't know them and I love it !

LML said...

that short haired girl is undeniably cool!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love that blazer on alexa, it's stunning!

Aretha said...

Maryna, she's perfect for Dior Miss Cherie

The Stiletto Effect said...

the last 2 from dior are so cute!

maria said...

love the name of the perfume
the add is so sweet and fits great with the name

Trendology said...

I'm obsessed with the UK vogue spread!