Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

I like being practical too

I like cold weather. It means warm jumpers and I'm most certainly a jumper person. I have mentioned here before my never ending quest of finding the perfect grey jumper - slouchy, slightly 80s, that sort of difficult to describe material, jersey - ish maybe? Suffice to say I haven't found it yet. Topshop have a really fantastic selection of jumpers this season. I love the one with the slightly garish diamond pattern especially and am seriously fawning over Alexa Chung's studded jumper. For me the perfect jumper is oversized, slouchy and thoroughly retro, in fact the kind that has certainly seen better days. It should be either grey and loose or with some sort of gaudy pattern or even in a mildly obnoxious shade. Or for a bit of luxury, mohair is the way to go. Indeed, a black mohair jumper is my fantasy item of the moment. As you can see from the below collage, oversized knitted cardigans are on my mind too. Same rules apply with added grungy - ness. Speaking of which, if you really want to look grungy, why not borrow one of your dad's old jumpers, the sort with zig - zags and diamond patterns and dull colours. Cool and retro on the cheap, I'd say, we are in a global recession, afterall!

7 comments:

MISS GLITZY said...

Yes we are in a global recession and I feel like borrowing my man's sweaters as I love them loose just like you.

penelope said...

I love the idea of ripping my dad's sweater from his closet but it's so warm here! Even the rainy days doesnt justify wearing woolly oversized; uber grunge-y sweaters:S

Miss Karen said...

oh I love that Kate Bush picture! My ideal jumper is that slouchy 80s kind too - so warm and cuddly. Good luck on your search! :)

Annie said...

It's just now starting to get cold here, so I'm getting psyched for sweaters too!

Isa said...

My favorite outfit is the Sophie Dahl one ...
I love cold weather but only for 3/4 weeks , after I need sun !

Romeika said...

I definitely agree on what u say about how jumpers should be. I haven't found the perfect one either, as buying a bigger size doesn't necessarily mean a cool slouchy effect... Perhaps trying the stores' male sessions, who knows? Love the collages, great work!

The Stiletto Effect said...

Large jumpers, large sweaters and large cardigans are def a must have :)