Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Diamonds all over her shoes

It is laughable, the fact, that I have read on numerous occasions over the past few weeks, that flat shoes are apparently 'in' for autumn. When one reads statements like that, the only thing one can do is roll one's eyes and wonder how such ridiculous 'predictions' ever made their way into print. However, perhaps I'm being too quick ridicule the rather dubiousness of this statement as although flat ballerina slippers are a staple, that hardly need to be cited as 'on trend', there is a reinvention of the traditional take that is certainly catching my eye.

Almost all my posts of late have featured Alexander McQueen's a/w collection and indeed, it continues to provide a somewhat infinite flow of inspiration. This time, I'm talking about the flat shoes of course, that had me simultaneously imagining jesters of the royal court, Indian street markets and princesses and Dorothy of 'There's no place like home.' fame. However, it appears to be rather difficult to find a pair as enchanting as the McQueen slippers what with their almost comical medival jestor shape and richly embellished, Arabian Nights meets Russian Tsar palace exterior. Regardless, I'm admiring them anyway and will just have to settle for my childishly sparkly pair instead.



22 comments:

Kira Fashion said...

those are fantastic and a real classic!!!

a kiss!!!

MR style said...

im not usually followin what the people consider as trendy or not !! but McQueen opinion matter a lot !

emsie said...

I love your sparkly pair. I can't really imagine myself wearing one of Alexander McQueen's slippers - but great to admire.

coco said...

I love flats and heels. I think it is good to wear a mix of both!

Allure said...

I just can't stop looking at the latest McQueen show. Really, I haven't seen anything like that in years.

BTW, I' been looking for a pair of ruby flats forever, with no luck. Actually, I saw the Miu-Miu ones at the store, but I didn't have all that money at the time.

Dana (pron. like Donna) said...

this post has me thinking about these incredible blinged pink stuart weitzman flats I fell in love with
I miss them
who might've bought them? I hope they're with a nice family

Paris Tarts said...

I love the glitz on all the shoes!

Tart

Isa said...

because I'm tall, love flat shoes !!

The Clothes Horse said...

Love these and McQueen's whole collection!
Judging by the number of people who said they fell when they were young I'm beginning to think our parents were downright neglegible! Thankfully no permant damage done (I hope).

Sunniva said...

I agree that the McQueen slippers are incredible, but I think yours are amazing too! I would love to have a pair like yours.

xxx

belle.chantelle said...

purrrrr..lovez the shoes

Fashionstyle said...

A lovely Cendrillon!!

penelope said...

Flats are fantastic and they woudl never ever go out of fashion so that statement is just~~ odd. hahaha;

anyway, have you seen those new mouse flats from marc by marc jacobs?! They're just too cute!

yiqin; said...

Fabulous! Really. Who doesn't lovediamonds?!

Dapper Kid said...

Totally loving the sparkly shoes, they are soooo awesome!

jayne said...

oo the McQueen flats are amazing, now those are flats you can say are "in" haha

Mimi said...

Great shoe selections I like the maharaja style xx Mimi

www.HauteMimi.com

M said...

ooo the McQueen ones are special anf unique. i like it.

♥ fashion chalet said...

I confess, I love all things sparkly! <3

V said...

the mcqueen are amazing. great blog, wanna exchange links?leave a comment on my blog if you do and i'll get back to you:)

Alisha said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品