Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Golden Goodbyes and Goddesses

I have been a terrible blogger at late, so terrible I should not even be allowed to call myself that any longer, indeed, as I am about to become even more terrible. I have no plans to stop blogging here but I will be taking an even longer break from blogging. Schoolwork has completely taken over all corners of mind which means even seeping into the fashion half day be day. Much to my disgust, I have not the time or the energy to blog at the moment and am too busy cooped up studying to wear anything mildly fashionable. It is thus, with great regret, that I will not be blogging till at least mid June as once school finishes at the end of May, it's off to Italy for me. At least I will be getting more then my fair share of fashion fixes there. So till then, farewell.

Kat x

Before I depart here is a little bit of inspiration from the recent Costume Institute Gala. When trawling through the pictures on style.com, when I should have been studying, I was amazed by the number of glistening, gold gowns that walked up the famous steps. Gold was certainly the colour of the night whether it was burnished bronzed - gold or milky white Grecian - gold or even glitzy gold lame, the gala was gleaming with golden girls. Who said the golden age of Hollywood was over?



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

awh!

Daphné said...

I love Kate Moss' dress, she looks so chic!

Elisabeth said...

No worries about the hiatus, I'll still check every now and then :-)

Love the pics!

Aretha said...

Love the vintage YSL that Michelle Trachtenberg wore!
BTW, good luck with all your things, I miss your post!!

Cool Urbanite. said...

I love Stams dress, looks really good on her! Kate and Stella, nice!

ALI RAE said...

Kate Moss looked fabulous!

Cris Lazoru said...

Can't wait till ur back! Enjoy your trip! Love stam

C.

Runaway Gallery said...

Kate Moss is so fierce

jayne said...

oh too bad we won't be seeing you until June :( I adore you blog, stupid European education system. All of you wonderful student bloggers are always MIA sadly. I miss you guys. Then again, I totally understand the importance of having a viable future, so good luck! and wow I never noticed how big gold was at the MET, good eye!

Diana Coronado said...

Lovely !!

M said...

jess stam is gorgeous!
well good luck on yur exams and have fun on your holiday! cya sooon!

Diana Coronado said...

Chic chic chic.
I the metallic ones

ByRICHaRD said...

you havnt been anywhere near as bad as me though. at least you were a good blogger to begin with. hope your schoolwork goes all lovely and super and ok ad stuff.
x

penelope said...

i was in the same fix as you and i totally understand how you feel. owell, it's mid june now and i hope you will be back soon enough! i cant get enough of your posts!

love,
pen

Katie said...

I of course understand what your going through. I completley started over on a new blog, just because I neglected oh that's chic for so long I just kind of gave up. But looking forward to your new posts.

That Girl said...

Michelle looked amazing... she was my favorite!

-SLCsocialite

* Fashion Dreamer * said...

Kate Moss looks like a godess in that dress...stunning