Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Full Length and Fabulous

In keeping with my celebration of dresses and with the disappointing news that the Golden Globes are too be cancelled announced, here are some of my favourite red carpet - worthy dresses from the spring/summer shows, to fill that empty void.

I love these floaty Grecian - esque dresses. The frothy, pink colour of this Marchesa dress is soft, feminine and dreamlike whereas the rich aubergine of this Gianfranco Ferre is sophisticated and regal in a slightly Arabian princess way. Keira Knightley would be the perfect candidate for these flowing gowns.

I love this Nina Ricci princess dress. Again it is Goddess - like, with it's flowing, gossamer - like skirt and feminine sweetheart neckline. This Dior is a particularly glamorous number. Red satin screams attention and seduction. Angelina Jolie would be the perfect lady in red, in this Dior.

The attention to detail is what captured my attention with these two dresses. This Zac Posen is delicate and fragile and the epitome of gracefulness. The Galliano may just appear to be a regular black satin evening gown, but with closer inspection it is a intricately detailed and gorgeously structured dress. With it's unusual details, this take on a classic would be fabulous on Kirsten Dunst.

This Marchesa may not be full - length but it sure is fabulous. I love the rich, sumptuous layers and the '50s - princess feel. This dress looks quite Reese Witherspoon but I'd love to see Sienna in it too. Again this Dior is all about the glamour. The fringing and beading continues the '20s trend and the black and sparkle add extra drama. Cameron Diaz with her tall stature could steal any show in this.The texture and colours of these two dresses are certainly show - stopping. Silver and black shimmer in this Nina Ricci dress with it's unusual yet elegant, flowing tail. This Zac Posen is of the most wonderful, delicate shades and reminds me of nothing more then a Monet painting.

This mauve Gianfranco Ferre stole my heart! Again another Grecian Goddess dress with it's flowing shape and gold waist belt. Keira could certainly pull this off too but maybe even Mischa Barton or Mary Kate Olsen. This McQueen probably isn't red - carpet appropriate but I just love the feathered wing detail. Utterly strange and wonderful.

The deep blue of this Zac Posen is modern yet the shape is elegant and sophisticated. The colour just jumped out at me and I'm sure would guarantee all eyes on you. This Nina Ricca is adorable - the ultimate princess dress!

40 comments:

molly said...

loove the last two best!

The Clothes Horse said...

Wow! You chose so many stunners I don't know which I like best. I'm so sad though because I never have a place to wear a full-length dramatic dress.

jayne said...

omg genius post, you were so right on with who would look fab in everyone, sienna/reese marchesa dress would look amazing on either and kiki would totally be rocking that dress hehe

damn i miss the globes

Andy said...

I really like the dresses in the second picture and the navy one by zac posen in the last picture ! amazing post :)

Heather said...

Zac Posen cannot do wrong with evening gowns. I haven't seen one of his that I didn't like yet!

coco said...

That red Dior dress is prehaps the sexiest dress to have ever been made

Elisabeth said...

I adore the first Nina Ricci - the white dress.

I saw it in a magazine somewhere and have coveted it ever since!

roxanaradu said...

the dress is divine!

-S said...

The Ferre and the red Dior are gorgeous!!
And I loved your idea for the post!

Allure said...

lovely choice of dresses

Aretha said...

Loving all your dresses, I want to see Sienna on the red one too!

riz said...

Posen and Marchesa all the way...

discothequechic said...

These are some lovely picks..

they make me pine for OSCAR season so that they can be worn (PLEASE don't let it be cancelled!)

The dior is stunning, but also familiar, didn't Mischa Barton wear it in a light blue to Cannes?

Yes, I remember one of the ELLEgirl shoots really clearly, it was one of my favourites with Alexa decked out in beyond retro clothes. An army cap, floral thrift dresses and a cat mask.

Oh I miss ELLEgirl!

Amy said...

That red marchesa dress is TO DIE FOR!
-Amy
nycynicist.blogspot

Mash said...

My favourites are Nina Ricci's dresses , they are so lovely &hearts

Lucio said...

i've read all your blog and it's fantastic and i agree with you that the gianfranco ferre spring summer collection it's fabulous! i love it

FashionQueen101 said...

Looooove the red dior dress, so beautiful. I cant wait to see who wears it!

great classic posts are always.

emsie said...

oh i don't know which one is my favourite - too many to choose from!

but i think the dresses you matched up to each person were all incredibly well-decided.

gorgeous post

x

Tessa E said...

that first zac posen one is beautiful and my favourite, but all your selections are pretty fantastic. they're all very feminine and graceful.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Oh god I would give my right arm (almost) for that zac pozen dress!!!

--------------------

Imp F.B.A.

voting has been moved up to Feb 1st.

Thanks!

real siyan shanghai said...

Dude you pedophile you fucking children? Wooooo this is no good! Wanker you have small penis? You ugly fat dude eh? Holla shake penis jerk out!

LML said...

im sooo upset the GG's are cancelled!!! dresses are my fave part! but your post helped to fill my void :)

Elizabeth said...

i love the john galliano one! he's amazing <3

M said...

oo nice picks, i esp like the red marchesa dress and the last nina ricci one! gorg

jadorevogue said...

My favourite of these dresses is the one from Nina Ricci in the second row. I have a big weakness for light, flowy gowns.
I also love the last one from Gianfranco Ferre. Ancient Greek goddess gowns are just gorgeous.
Amazing post!

Gloria said...

I wasnt too much a fan of the marchesa, but the nina ricci is just...fabulous!

Allecra&Sage said...

wow.

Romeika said...

Lovely gowns, wow! I hope the screenwriters's strike won't ruin the Oscar at least.. The red carpet is so much fun!

Eamon said...

Hi

Great blog

I love wine too. Went on a wine (and food) holiday to Rioja recently.

Would you be interested in exchanging links. My blog is on creative thinking, media, art, animation, film, books and travel (including food and wine).

I work as an advertising account planner (the person behind the 'big idea' in an ad campaign), and have worked in Television, IT and teaching. Enjoy art, writing and travel.

Eamon
www.creativethinkjuice.blogspot.com
eamon1972@homtail.co.uk

hannah said...

i adore all of those. so glamorous and chic. great choices.

peace

penelope said...

love the nina ricci one best!! it's so classy and of course the zac posen with the stunning blue!! it's fabb!

I want big hair said...

wow, those are so gorgeous!!!
ive linked you in my blog!
xxx

KiKi said...

i love them all too bad my wallet is empty and really where would I go in those lovely dresses

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

amazing!

said...

those dresses are making me think about prom!

miss *ann said...

yum!
my favorite is Gianfranco Ferre with a doubt.

I want big hair said...

the first nina ricci one does it for me!!
but i never have anywhere to wear dazzling long dresses:(
xxx

Bojana said...

Great post!!!

Long dresses can sometimes be so much sexier than ultrashort ones!

Kira Fashion said...

genious!!!
all of them!


a kiss

ed said...

6K聊天室,080中部人聊天室,聊天室交友,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,情色聊天室,AV女優,AV,A片,情人薇珍妮,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,情色文學,色情小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,情色電影,一葉情貼圖片區,色情遊戲

言情小說,情色論壇,色情網站,微風成人,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人網站,免費影片,色情影片,自拍,hilive,做愛,微風成人,微風論壇,AIO

情趣用品,情色,成人,A片,自拍

情趣用品,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片

情趣用品,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛

情趣用品,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊

情趣用品,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影