Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

All that Glitters

I am not a hypocrite, I have always been rooting for her, despite that post from a while back. I know that reading about Kate Moss can get as tiresome as seeing images of Victoria in tacky outfits but regardless I was so glad to see that Kate has finally made a Topshop collection worth buying, that I could not resist posting about it. Anyone in the Great Britain/Ireland area will have seen practically every celebrity magazine with Kate's smiling face beaming from the cover. Yes, I did put smiling, beaming and Kate in the same sentence. It seems she has finally sorted herself out. Gone is the matted, tangled hair with roots showing, gone is the greasy, blotched skin and must significantly gone is that slimy, overrated slug - Pete Doherty. Enter the New Kate. New haircut - honey blonde choppy, 70's bob with a fringe, new rockstar boyfriend - Jamie Hince, guitarist with The Kills and a wardrobe that has never looked so cool or glamorous. Rejoice! Looks like Kate isn't going to give away her style icon title that easily. (Lets just forget that little perfume mishap, shall we?)

Last week, Kate celebrated the launch of her new Kate Moss at Topshop collection for the party season ahead. A star studded party ensued, and star studded it certainly was - Naomi Campbell, Lily Allen, Sophie Dahl, Elle Macpherson, Kelly Osbourne to name a few and even a performance from Grace Jones. I have not seen Kate looking as fabulous as she did for that party in a long while, utterly glamorous and radiant. Black satin catsuit from the new collection, vintage, beaded, 20's flapper - girl cape, dark, glittery eye makeup and most importantly the smile that was captured on all those magazine covers.


That same week saw Kate in another stunning outfit. Continuing the flapper theme in a beaded, tasseled dress at the Swarovski Fashion Rocks Gala in London, Kate really shows the rest of the glitterati how it's done on the red carpet.


Kate's first Topshop collection proved a bit of a disappointment. It was certainly wearable, but it lacked punch for there were only so many button down vests and one shoulder dresses, one could stomach. The autumn collection was definitely better, more original and there were a few stand out pieces. However, what irritated me about this collection, was that some pieces seemed entirely un - Moss. For example, that sweet candy pink, preppy knit vest, not exactly rock chick was it? The new collection has a 1970's disco queen, Studio 54 feel combined with all the beads, sparkle and vitality of the 1920's. Of course the rock 'n' roll theme continues, but this time it all about glamour, glitter and night time. As Topshop say about the collection - "Kate's new designs encapsulate luxurious after - dark glamour with a quintessential Kate twist."

Highlights include -
Glamorous and sophisticated, Kate Moss's Christmas collection certainly glitters

25 comments:

riz said...

I really like the embellished shrug she wears - is that for rsale?? Don't know about the blk and wht striped dress though...

Aisha said...

She looks so much better now she's not dating peter. She's definitely a fashion inspiration and wish we had topshop here so i could buy one of her items...

mwah!

atelier said...

She seems to be the Kate she was. I am quite happy for her, she is a style icon and she deserves to be in the covers, smiling and with great looks. I love the first dress in the pics you have from her Topshop collection, it's awesome.

jayne said...

gah! i hate you stupid brits and irish, i want those flapper item! haha they're amazing, this truly is much more impressive as is kate after she dumped douche bag dogherty. bravo to her!

The Clothes Horse said...

Kate is making a comeback and I for one am thrilled.

Dustcakeboy said...

Great blog!

Linking to you now..

katherine said...

I will never ever get bored of reading about Ms. Moss. She is wonderful and her new collection is amazing. I love how she used healthier looking models to showcase it too.

jayne said...

oh yea sorry about the photos on my last post kat they're working now at least, make sure to check it out again, though i must admit you left me a lovely little comment anyway!

muze1990 said...

Great post! I saved a view pictures from Kate in My Images (or how it's called in English :P), because I really liked her new look. Or say the New Kate Look. And that smile, irreplaceable. Eat your heart out Pete!

coco said...

her hair may be ok but the years of smoking have caught up with her face
i no longer want to be like her
there are women older than her with much better bodies and looks
i really am bored of kate
and her collections are so badly made

Romeika said...

I really love this 1920s inspired dress she worn!

riz said...

That's such a shame that the shrug is vintage and not being sold. Just means I will have to hunt one down. Love the way she styles it- but it's kate moss, so she can do no wrong style wise in my view...

la petite fashionista said...

people are going to go crazy over this. very adequately designed for holiday wear; sparkly, shimmyery, dressy.

xoxo

LML said...

haha! the posh statement made me laugh ;)

i really do love this collection! theres something about holiday party dresses that i just love and she captured "it" for me! 1920's inspirations are lovely and i wish my hair could look like hers now lol!

penelope said...

love love the shimmery shrug she's wearing!! yummm!!!
and totally!! good for her!! pete's deff bad news!! haha!

anyhow thanks for d comment!! haha!! thanks for d compliment and i totally agree with you!!! luella's sping 08' collection is sending tingles up and dwn my spine!! haha!!

YAY to BATSSS!!
love.

Ana said...

oh my god
that Swarovski flapper dress is amazing.

The Stiletto Effect said...

Hi :)

I like this collection :)

Btw, your interview will be on in one day or two! Thanks for doing it!

Love and kisses
Su

Cris Lazoru said...

I love that jacket, very pretty.

C.

The Stiletto Effect said...

Hello there Kat :)

your interview is finally on :)
I hope you like the way it came out!

Thank you for doing it!

Kisses
Su

Carolina Lange said...

I find her amazing! And it's great to see her smile back!
Love that first dress!
And I read your interview on The Stiletto Effect, it's great! Congrats!

Carolyn Keene said...

i do like kate's new look, but i'm afraid i am still sick of her after months of kate overload!

Aisha said...

blog soon ;)

Belle said...

I really like the hand bag.
great blog
belle

Holly ♥ said...

That swarovski dress was my favourite thing I'd seen her wear in ages. I almost bid on it. I might make do with the Topshop version.
Her latest collection is much more wearable and interesting. I really disliked the first.
xoxo

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品